PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived) (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/index.php)
-   International GSM prepaid cards (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Koko Mobile / Naka (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10651)

stefandim 30-03-2019 10:55

Is anyone still using their Koko-Mobile SIM or any other Naka SIM? I am interested in getting a Koko SIM and asked them a question via e-mail and their support form on the website and never got a response.

bourbonkiller 30-03-2019 18:11

I encountered that they silently slashed all other incoming numbers beside the original +44. There was a preferred rate going along with the German number, which got cancelled too.

Not sure what's happening at their end. Service works fine, but waiting one week for a service reply as well.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

kctopitz 31-03-2019 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by stefandim (Post 55876)
Is anyone still using their Koko-Mobile SIM or any other Naka SIM? I am interested in getting a Koko SIM and asked them a question via e-mail and their support form on the website and never got a response.

As a non-customer, I emailed them last year with questions about additional numbers. Never got a reply. If a company doesn't reply to people who are potentially interested in giving them money, that's a big enough red flag in my opinion to never give them money.

GadgetKen 28-04-2019 04:56

Still using my Koko Mobile sim card as a secondary sim in a rugged phone. In the USA, it will work on AT&T (my primary sim card is using a T-Mobile reseller called Mint)...no need to constantly top up the Koko card like a domestic prepaid AT&T MVNO.
It works fine when I am in Bermuda by USSD dialing. Other mobile alternative there were VOIP using a SkyRoam mifi device.
My primary need for Koko is really a backup sim that can use AT&T in the USA but also can roam in countries my primary sim doesn't work in (like Bermuda).
Also my interest in Koko is really for voice and SMS text messaging, since I can get data cheaper domestically or internationally through other means.
Like the switchable profiles and the USSD dialing capability.

My main reason for picking up a Koko sim card was the Piranha debacle...couldn't wait for Piranha to switch from Telna to Jersey Telecom as a background provider. The 2 Piranaha cards were eventually replaced, and now are used in emergency phones for my elderly parents.

GadgetKen 03-09-2019 13:29

Having problems with my Koko card.
Can't register sim on AT&T USA other than emergency calling. Also having trouble switching the country profile setting. Tried in two unlocked phones. Filed a trouble ticket and will see if they respond and fix the issue.
Not a JT issue because I swapped the Koko for a Piranha sim chip in my smartphone and Piranha works fine on AT&T.
Also noted that AT&T USA prices are up for Koko but down for Piranha.
Piranaha was USD$.10/minute and is now USD$.06/minute.
Koko was CHF.09/minute and is now CHF.13/minute (CHF and USD are almost on par).
Even if Koko fixes the problem I will likely switch back to Piranha because their prices are currently better in the countries where I need it most.

bourbonkiller 07-09-2019 12:44

Sorry to hear your problems @gadgetken. I've been in China last week of August with Koko Mobile and had no problems with Network. Automatic Network search as well as Sim Kit Profile change worked like a charm, even had 4G Data in China. Only hassle was, that incoming calls were not 100% stable. I believe this is because the SIM card didn't manage the change between 4G and 3G properly. Beside that, the Simard performed rock solid and Data worked like a charm all week long. Even WhatsApp Calls and VoIP Calls through Data worked perfectly.

Initially, the SIM card only registered on EDGE Network, wrote a Email to them and got a answer within hours...

GadgetKen 08-09-2019 06:45

@bourbonkiller glad Koko worked OK for you in China.

Still having issues with Koko service in USA. Chip will work for LTE data in USA on AT&T but no calls or text will function. I'll just use up the remaining balance on some youtube music videos in a flip phone, and then cancel the card. Worked fine for several months but I can't depend on it now.

Not a big deal because I'm just swapping a Piranha card for the Koko card in my dual sim smartphone. Both have a JT back end but Piranha gives me voice and text in the USA.

Don't really need either Koko or Piranha for data because I can get that off a US T-Mo reseller sim called Mint, an AT&T postpaid mifi device with unlimited data, a Sprint/Karma mifi device or a SkyRoam cloud sim mifi device.

Bossman 13-09-2019 13:13

Is your PiranhaMobile sim still working in the USA? Can't receive calls on mine at all. The support person responded that they are checking with the roaming partner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GadgetKen (Post 61229)
Not a big dea Piranha gives me voice and text in the USA.

GadgetKen 21-09-2019 14:52

Both Piranha sim chips went out but service was restored after filed a trouble ticket.